Able roofing provided a professional, quality job at a reasonable price. Jim (the owner) was very responsive from my initial call for an estimate to completion of the job. Jim and his crew provided lots of “extras”, including gutter cleaning and a small siding repair, to ensure that the job was done right and looked professional. I received several estimates before selecting this company. Many companies wanted to simply do a “patch job” on the roof, and install skylights. For the same money, Able roofing gave me new Veluyx skylights, a new roof, and a 5 year warranty. Be extra careful when selecting roofers. There are lots of people trying to cut corners out there. I highly recommend this company.
All posts by opadmin
Bob F. – Media, PA
Jim and the Able roofing crew were a pleasure to work with. The crew showed up on time every day, performed a complete roof tear-off and replacement in 5 consecutive days. The quality of this installation was second to none. Great attention to detail and craftsmanship. Able roofing also performed a few “extras”, such as replacing some hard to access outdoor light bulbs. I shopped around for roofers for about 2 years before finally making the commitment to a new roof. Able provided superior workmanship at a competitive price. I have no regrets whatsoever about selecting Able Roofing and I would highly recommend this company.
Teresa G. – Norwood PA
I called Jim when I noticed the shingles in my yard. He came over the next day looked at the roof, told me what he needed to do and gave me an estimate. He came the following day, did the work and charged me the estimated amount. On the bill he stated that there was no underlying damage to the roof. This company believes in customer service and I will use them again if necessary . This is my second experience with Able Roofing and should I ever need a roofer again this is the company I will call.
The crew arrived on time when scheduled. They were very skilled and professional. The work done was of high quality. We are very pleased with the job. We will have them back for some additional work we need done. It was a pleasure working with Jim and his crew. Highly recommended.
Marvin A. – Swarthmore, PA
The work to be done was explained in detail, with places where I could offer opinions, changes, etc. The estimate was clear and detailed. The estimate clarified the options, possible extra costs (e.g. replacing damaged wood sheathing beneath the shingles.)
I received a detailed copy of the signed agreement.
Everything was done as planned. I did later opt for a different more elaborate gutter system, which had been discussed but about which I was uncertain. This did add to the cost for a replacement of the old gutter system. However, my experience in heavy rains since then shows these larger gutters, which require heavy brackets, works very well. I believe the price was very good for the size of the main roof, the additional garage and porch roofs, the amount of work done, products, and quality.
I have checked out the way the new roof and gutters are working. The enhanced protection along the sides of the chimneys is just great. The downspouts, especially with redesigned emptying from the upper roof is working very well, a big and noticeable improvement. Now for the bonus: MY CELLAR IS DRY today after 3 or 4 days of rain from Hurricane Sandra. The people who lived here before me said “this will always be a very damp cellar.” (They had a dehumidifier.) It used to be very damp.
Joshua I. – Springfield, PA
I’ve had two jobs done and both were done professionally and at a fair price. I am very happy that my roof doesn’t leak anymore and that my garage looks like new with the capping Jim and crew put on it.
Prevent Roof Leaks with These Tips
The average life of the typical home’s roof is 25 years, sometimes 30 years. As one of the most important aspects of your home, it is vital that you take the steps necessary to get the longest life possible out of your roof.
During your time in your home, it’s probable that at one point or another you will come across problems with your roof. The most common problem homeowners face with their roof is leaking. This is usually a costly problem to sort out, but it is something that can be avoided by following some of our tips.
Many homeowners tend to neglect their roof and don’t have the experience or know-how to get onto their roofs and take a look over it to anticipate any problems. Once a leak has started, it is usually difficult to pinpoint its source or the path the water is travelling to your leak. For this reason, it’s important to know the most common leak sources.
- If it penetrates the roof, you should pay special attention. Penetrations are the most common leak source. Look here first:
- Chimneys. The top leak source. Does the chimney have a cricket? Is it properly step flashed and counter flashed? Does it need to be sealed?
- Skylights. Water gets trapped behind them. Is the flashing in good repair? Is the skylight itself leaking?
- Plumbing vents. Do the vent stacks have neoprene or rubber that has cracked with age? Do they need to be sealed or painted? Have critters chewed on the pipe or flashing? Is the satellite or cable flashed properly?
- Check the eaves and edges.
- A common leak source in the eaves and cause of wood rot is a missing drip edge. Wind-driven rain will enter the gap between the roof deck and fascia board.
- A drip edge also helps to keep out insects, critters, and snakes. Make sure to check the drip edge when looking for leaks.
- Have you looked over your attic? Many times, homeowners think the roof is the culprit, but problems can come from improper ventilation, plumbing, air conditioning, condensation, vent fans, and animal or bug infestation in the attic. Be on the lookout for:
- Algae stains on interior plywood
- The “M” word: mold
- Soaked insulation when it hasn’t rained
- Black rings or rust around nails, which is the first sign moisture is condensing in attic spaces
- Is there a lack of ventilation that is causing the attic to overheat or accumulate moisture?
- Are the intake vents clogged with paint, spider webs, dust, or insulation?
- What about those gutters? Many homeowners do not realize the importance of their gutters. They need to be installed and sloped properly to drain, tightly fastened, and free of debris. This is a job for a professional as climbing onto ladders can be risky and difficult. Lucky for you, Able Roofing & Siding offer servicing for gutters!
Source, original article (GAF ProBlog): //blog.gaf.com/5-maintenance-tips-to-help-prevent-roof-leaks/
Welcome To Our New Website!
Welcome to the new website for Able Roofing & Siding!
Need help with your next roofing project or home renovation? We’ll be glad to assist you! Visit our portfolio to see examples of our past work, look through our site for details about our services, or request a free quote.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Call (610) 586-0909 or email us at email@example.com.